Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Will my hair loss due to birth control pills eventually stop?

I have suffered from acne for about eleven years now and I am only 19... Ortho Tri Cyclen is the only thing that has ever been able to really help my skin...My hair has been thinning alot lately and I thought it was due to chemical damage but I just did some research and birth control can make your hair fall out. Does anyone know if after a few months of being on the pill the hair loss will stop? I just dont know what to do.. the pill reallly helps my skin but could be possibly ruining my hair... :(Will my hair loss due to birth control pills eventually stop?
Yes, here are some ways...



You need to get involved in a haircare regimen and stick to it daily. On average, hair grows 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch per month. You need to be on a regimen and you will start to notice a difference, only after a few months. So, be patience and committed.



Nioxin makes shampoos, conditioners, scalp treatments and supplements for men %26amp; women to encourage and stimulate hair growth and a healthy scalp.



You can visit Nioxin's website and initiate a live chat with a representative from the company that can help prescribe the right products to meet your individualized needs.



Also, their website will tell you what salons/beauty supplies in your area where you can buy Nioxin.



If you want to try some home remedies, try vitamins. Here's a link to a website that outlines what vitamins stimulate growth and exactly how they can benefit you. http://hairloss.about.com/od/preventingh



Best wishes...just get into a haircare/supplement daily routine, and stick to it. If you don't see a noticeable change in 2 - 3 months, please see your dermatologist for a professional doctor's diagnosis. In addition, your OB/GYN may be able to change the type of birth control you are on. The new Nuva Ring is the lowest hormone dose of birth control, right now. http://www.nuvaring.com/Consumer/index.aWill my hair loss due to birth control pills eventually stop?
yes,there are some ways
Hormones have a huge affect on hair. You should contact your obgyn and see if there is another pill you can go on or use an alternate form of birth control. As for your skin...see a dermatologist. Hair loss as a result of hormones can come and go but if it doesn't stop you will have a serious problem. I am a hairdresser. I have seen this before.

No comments:

Post a Comment