Tuesday, February 14, 2012

HAIR LOSS DUE TO ACCUTANE -- will it eventually stop? help!?

i am a 17 year old female ... i was on accutane for 6 months and have now been off it for about 3 months. i hardly experienced any side effects while on the drug, but just within the past month (about 2 mos. after being off the drug) i have been losing tons of hair... i notice it mostly in the shower (big wads of hair down the drain) and it is noticeable around my hairline.



this scares me since this has only starting happening after going off accutane (i know for a fact it is due to the drug). anyone else experienced this? will the hair loss eventually stop? will it grow back?HAIR LOSS DUE TO ACCUTANE -- will it eventually stop? help!?
Below is a question that was asked of Dr Khadavi of

http://www.morphollica.com and he has given the answer below. Hope this is helpful



Hello Dr. Khadavi I was on accutane for about 6 months and during my treatment I had no signs of hair loss. It was only after about 3 to 4 months that I started to notice my hair falling out a lot. I'm starting to see many strands of hair in my brush which I hardly ever had before. I hair is essentially falling out everywhere throughout my head, which includes the the top, and sides. The front of my hair where the hair line is, seems to be stronger than the other parts and not fall out as much, and the back of my head is better as well, since the hair is really short. One other thing, the hairs that fall out don't seem to have big roots attached to them, they seem to be small roots. Do these symptoms go with telogen effluvium? Finally, Have you ever had patients who had hair loss due to accutane? and if so, did you see that they regained their hair again? Thank you.





Answer from DR KHADAVI:



I have patients that have had hair loss while on Accutane and typically it may last for 6-9 months and most of the hair then regrows.



http://www.morphollica.com/ -Morphollica.com is a hair loss information and news site dedicated to covering treatments and options backed by scientific data.



I don麓t know what he means when he says most of it grows back. If interested you may want to reseach my Best Answers about hair loss and a natural treatment I discovered after much experimentation and reseach. It definitely restores growth but the results take several months.HAIR LOSS DUE TO ACCUTANE -- will it eventually stop? help!?
Don't stress yourself out. I have the same side effect but thankfully you are girl and they will recover while males are less likely to. The downside of this is that it might take a while for it to stop. From 6 months to 2 years or more! Try not to stress out because in the end it will stop for you. Good luck



Heres a forum where other people are discussing this and looking for a solution:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.p
Hair loss is caused by many reasons such as malnutrition, illness, tension and other health problems.It is normal to shed some hair each day as part of a cycle of growing new hairs and loosing some. Badly damaged hair breaks at the scalp. Check out http://usefulinfo-hairloss.blogspot.com/ for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment