Sunday, February 12, 2012

Can anyone tell me how to stop my severe hair loss? I've been losing clumps of hair for the past 3 years.?

I'm a woman in my early thirties. My parents still have head full of hair as well as my siblings. I don't smoke or drink and I'm a vegetarian. Everyday I can see lots of hairs on the floor, in the bathroom sink and on my hairbrush. 3 years ago, I used to have three times as much hair. Now my face looks like a full moon as my hair is thinning on the crown and around my forehead. I read that it's normal to lose 70-100 hairs per day but I cannot afford to lose anymore as they never seem to grow back. I tie my hair back into a ponytail everyday and everytime I can feel some of my hairs being pulled out from the root. Does anyone have any suggestions or remedies for my drastic hair loss? I'm thinking of killing myself when I go bald.Can anyone tell me how to stop my severe hair loss? I've been losing clumps of hair for the past 3 years.?
The hair is a reflection of the body's general health. Its condition changes for the worse with stress, nutritional deficiencies, hormone shifts, environmental factors, an underactive thyroid, and immune disorders. Cancer chemotherapy, exposure to radiation, and certain medications can also cause hair to fall out. Genetic disposition can also cause hair problems.





Eat a balanced and sensible diet to ensure you are getting essential nutrients.





I think your diet - being a vegetarian - if there is no underlying medical conditions plays a big role in your hair loss.





My advice is as follows:


A good quality multi vit/mineral supplements - look fo something in a herbal/veggies matrix. make sure : Selenium, Zinc,Copper exist in the formula.


An EFA's supplement - e.g. fish oil, or flax seed oil - since you're vegetarian.


B complex supplement -


Most vegetarian are low in B's, sepcially B12. Biotin and vitamin B complex may strengthen hair, act as a hair and scalp conditioner, and slow down hair loss. B's group are good for stressful conditions.





Grape seed extract is a high-potency antioxidant capable of protecting virtually every cell in the body from free-radical damage.





Good luck %26amp; look after yourself.Can anyone tell me how to stop my severe hair loss? I've been losing clumps of hair for the past 3 years.?
IF YOU ARE LIVING IN A HILLY PLACE OR CINSUMING A DIET POOR IN IODINE AM SURE THAT U ARE SUFFERING FROM AN THYROID DISEASE....CHECK OUT FOR SOME UNUSUAL SWELLING IN UR NECK....STAND IN FRONT OF A MIRROR AND TAKE A GULP OF WATER IF A MASS IN UR NECK MOVES UP THEN AM SURE U HAVE AN THYROID DIORDER.


THERE IS ANOTHER DISORDER CALLED ALOPECIA ARREATA/TOTALIS WHERE U MIGHT BE LOSING HAIR IN PATCHES OR TOTALLY, IN THAT CASE CONSULT AN DEREMATOLOGIST.
maybe your taking bireth control pills. likle ALL birth control pills make your hair fall out. . .but idk
for hair loss or medical term alopecia.. there is no home remedy for that... try using minoxidil.. its a shampoo prescribed by dermatologists for hair loss....





md
go see a doctor and have your thyroid checked and general physical. women can use minoxidil, it works fairly well. you prob wont get it all back but the loss should slow. dont use the extra strength though, it makes the peach fuzz on your face really grow

No comments:

Post a Comment