Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What can I use on my hair to help stop breakage and loss?

I am an African American woman with naturally curly hair. It breaks very easily, and is always very dry and brittle no matter what moisturizer I use. I need some help from the hair care doctors on this one. What can I use to moisturize, stop breakage and promote a healthy regrowth?What can I use on my hair to help stop breakage and loss?
1st step- avoid chemicals


2nd- heat protect- before you style use a heat protecting spray (my favoite is from CHI)


3rd- avoid sulfate shampoo's (this will be hard and you'll have to spend a little more)


4th- avoid excessive styling- don't constant pull the hair backin a tight bun or with weave- it'll cause breakageWhat can I use on my hair to help stop breakage and loss?
Using a satin cap does wonders. You can get em at Walmart (black hair care section by the shampoos) or Sally's for 2-4 dollars. Don't get the super cheap ones because they aren't as good. Also, grease your scalp and hair every other night at first with hair oil. Do this for 2 weeks then you can reduce it to oiling 3-4 times a week or so. This should help hair growth. Try to roller set each time you wash your hair if you can.





You should wrap your hair every night before you put the satin cap on, but if you're too tired don't fret. It literally takes 1 second to put on, it's like a shower cap. You should comb -- not tear out -- your hair frequently, though.





If you choose to ignore everything else, use the satin cap above all, it really works wonders, I know from personal experience.
Washing your hair too much drys it out and helps it to break. Never comb or brush your hair when it is dry. Water drys your hair out.





I use B%26amp;B hair creme. Pantene conditioner(not a leave in) actually works really good for my hair (Not necessarily the one for women of color). Suave (not a leave in) hair conditioner works good. Liv leave in hair Conditioner is working good for me right now.





Olive oil worked for me.








It seems that I can't always use the same products all the time. It's like my hair gets used to it and I have to switch up every now and then.





I love my curly healthy natural locks. Don't you?
it's all about what you put in your body. keeping hydrated is good for skin/hair, taking hair/skin/nails vitamins will help with stronger hair regrowth





if you're willing to afford it, try Altera Caviar shampoo and conditioner (~25 per)
Try Jojoba oil. You massage the scalp with it and leave it on for a short time. When you shampoo it washes clean!





Native Americans have used it for centuries. It strengthens the hair at the root level. I love it! You can actually use it every day if you feel like it and it won't build up. You find it at local health food stores. :-)
BIO SILK, you can find it and any salon or at heb, it's kinda expensive but hey god only gave you one set of hair ;)


put a dime sized amount on the ends when you get out of the shower and before you go to bed, it saved my hair's life!



Your hair should be damaged, badly damaged hair breaks at the scalp. To treat hair loss apply a little lemon juice with some black tea. Rinse your hair with apple cider vinegar this helps control hair fall.Check out http://usefulinfo-hairloss.blogspot.com/ for more info.



First off dont wash your hair to much second off whatever your doing STOP if its straightening Stop using Chemicals / hair products STOP just leave your hair and STOP combing it constantly and when you wash your hair roller set it and use a good shampoo and conditioner goodluck :)
use something natural as to herbal oils


and clip ya ends.


and if your perming it stay on schedule.


stay away from too much hot irons.
I have mixed children and grease works well on there hair, I know that there are perms out there that might help as well... If all else fails, go see a good hairdresser!
try natural oils for the dryness like coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil





leave it in your hair for about 20 min then wash like you usually do
Biosilk smoothing system


works great.
They sell this stuff at wall greens it called CARROT CREME. It works very good. Try it
better shampoo and brush before dry



Search google

No comments:

Post a Comment