Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Postpartum hair loss at 5 months. What can I do to get it to stop?

It started falling out a few weeks ago and tonight I took a shower and seriously, no exaggeration, half of my hair came out in clumps. Has anyone experienced this?What can I do? Please help! I feel horrible and don't know what to do.Postpartum hair loss at 5 months. What can I do to get it to stop?
That happened to me when my daughter was about 6 months old. It really freaked me out. I would run my fingers through my hair and a clump of hair would fall out. My comb would be just full of hair.





My doctor said not to worry, she said it could take up to 6 months for my hormones and everything to get back to normal. I thought, wow in 6 months I will be bald.





My doctor was right, within a few months my hair was back to normal. I'm sorry to say, there's not much you can do. My daughter is now 2 1/2 and I still have a full head of hair. So, don't worry.Postpartum hair loss at 5 months. What can I do to get it to stop?
Some hair loss is normal after delivery especially if you had a c-section. If you are on Depo Provera, hair loss is normal too and in the amount you mention. You will not become bald! You hair will remain thin but will start growing again soon. Eat a balanced diet of plenty of protein and some fats.
A while back I got a friend that was not yet a fully qualified hair dresser, she put bleach over bleach, It caused my hair to what I thought was falling out, till I realized that it was snapping off not falling out at the roots. If you are pregnant its common for women to have either extra dry or extra oily hair due to hormones. Try put a good hair treatment through your hair, and although they say to only leave them in half an hour, It wont hurt to leave it in a couple of hours if you can. Just ask your hair dresser if it is a treatment suitable for pregnant women.
yup, it happen to me too, and my cousin experience the same thing too, i guess its natural for our hair to fall after the delivery, i just wash my hair regularly, and it gets better...
Shave your head bald and then you wont b able to tell!
i experience hair loss occasionally, because i am vegetarian and i dont have enough protien. maybe the baby is nursing all the protein you consume. maybe you need more protein. or calcium.
It is natural and you will get over it in a few months. Massage aloe Vera gel over the scalp,leave it for about one hour.After this rinse the hair with warm water.It gives excellent results for hair loss if one uses this massage at least 3-4 times a week. Check out http://usefulinfo-hairloss.blogspot.com/ for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment