Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What can I do to relieve my stress and stop hair loss!?

Over the past couple of months, I've been under some serious stress and I've noticed a considerable amount of hair loss. I've been to the doctors and he's said theres nothing I can do until I resolve the stress, which isn't going to happen really!

Basically my hair has got really 'thin' rather than experiencing bald patches and it's really getting me down.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Does anyone know of any good de-stress techniques? or ways I can encourage re-growth?What can I do to relieve my stress and stop hair loss!?
Stress increases hormones like cortisol. Cortisol can blunt the production of other hormones, like DHEA, testosterone, estrogen, thyroid hormones, etc. This is how stress often plays a role in hair loss.



Lifestyle Recommendations:

1. Practice good sleep habits and get between 8-9 hours of sleep a night.

2. Reduce intensity or duration of aerobic exercise to a low or moderate level for 30 minutes a few

days a week.

3. Add calming exercises to each day for 5-15 minutes like yoga, stretching, Pilates or core work.

Dietary Recommendations:

1. Reduce or eliminate refined carbohydrates

2. Taper off caffeine

3. Avoid or limit alcohol

4. Eliminate pro-inflammatory and damaged fats (Hydrogenated oils, corn and safflower oils, margarine)

5. Emphasize mono and omega 3 fats for their anti-inflammatory activity (cold water fish, sardines,

raw nuts and seeds, avocado, olive oil)

6. Stress depletes B vitamins, vitamin C, magnesium, and zinc. Snack on foods high in minerals such as

nuts, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, and oysters (which contain high amounts of zinc).



Vit C and B vits, inositol, tyrosine, zinc and magnesium are all good supplements for stress.



Below is a link to find out what to do about your hair in particular.What can I do to relieve my stress and stop hair loss!?
Hi Sweetie,

Join a Stress Class now!







LOL, Diana D
This happened to an ex-girlfriend of mine, but she was making herself throw up alot, so it might be that your body isn't getting the right nutrients
Drink 10-12 glasses of water daily and have a high protein diet with plenty of fruits, vegetables and dairy products. Since iron-deficiency anemia can also cause hair loss,make sure that you eat a well-balanced diet that includes a daily serving or two of iron-rich foods. Check out

http://usefulinfo-hairloss.blogspot.com/ for more info. Check out http://sumiram2006-stressfree.blogspot.c for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment