Sunday, January 29, 2012

If I start on Synthroid will it ';REALLY'' help with my hair loss and other symptoms ?

It may or it may not. It really depends on the individual. I know some people that had more hairloss on Synthroid. It's real important to always test in the morning and keep track of your TSH on Synthoid. Most feel best with the morning TSH around 1.0. If after 6 months with it at once you still have hairloss then its time to try a T4/T3 thyroid medication. Synthoid is only T4. Some people need both the T4 and the T3. You won't know that though for a while. I suggest if at all possible to get a Free T4 and Free T3 along with the TSH. These free tests show the actual amounts of T3 and T4 in your blood available for use by your body. If these levels are low in range it suggests you need more of that particular hormone.



I started out on Levoxyl. It lowered my TSH, but never helped with any symptoms. I didn't find relief until I was taking bothT4 and T3.



Thyroid link below to start withIf I start on Synthroid will it ';REALLY'' help with my hair loss and other symptoms ?
I TAKE IT AND IT DOES HELP WITH HAIR LOSS AND WEIGHT, BUT ONLY IF IT IS PRESCRIBED BY YOUR DR, OTHERWISE YOU COULD HAVE HEART FAILURE OR WORSE.If I start on Synthroid will it ';REALLY'' help with my hair loss and other symptoms ?
It absolutely will help and it would be something you would have to take the rest of your life. I am on synthroid and I start thinking I don't need it and stop taking it, what a mistake. After three days of not taking it I would be very sluggish and sleepy. But I get my energy back after beginning it again. I will not stop taking it again. The hair loss would be temporary and after taking synthorid for a couple of weeks you will feel much better. another thing, I am unable to take the generic brand of synthroid, it just plain doesn't work for me
side effects that may occur-you may initially lose some hair,but this effect is usually tempory.

You may have an allergic reaction such as hives or rash.

Children may hane an increase in pressure within the skull.

Notify Dr. immediatly if you have any of the following symptoms-

Abdominial cramps,anxiety,cahnges in appetite,change in menstral period,chest pain,diarreah,emotional instability,fatigue,fever,flushing,hair loss,headache,hearty attack,or failure,heat intolerance,hyperactivity,increases heart rate,irregular heartbeat,irritability,muscle weakness,nausea,nervousness,palpitationsof breath,sleeplessness,sweating,tremors,voloss..
It has helped me.

Just remember to see your doctor for blood tests to be sure you're on the right dose.

And don't stop taking it unless the doctor says to.
  • organic cosmetics
  • makeup look
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment