Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Recovering anorexic: how long until the symptoms stop? (ie: hair loss, lanugo)?

I'm trying to get better (and I definitely am well on my way), but I am sick of not being able to come my hair for fear it will all come out at once.


As for the lanugo (light, extra hair), will it eventually fall off?


Please, if you're going to make snide remarks don't bother posting.


Thanks!Recovering anorexic: how long until the symptoms stop? (ie: hair loss, lanugo)?
Good for you! The lanugo will come off gradually as you gain weight and stabilize, and the hair loss will become minimal over time as well. There is no way to tell how long it will take, but keep in mind that your body responds fairly quickly to even small improvements in diet (in your case, taking in more calories), and will become healthier in pace with the improvements. Expect changes to come weekly. You're well on your way to a healthier body and a happier state of mind!Recovering anorexic: how long until the symptoms stop? (ie: hair loss, lanugo)?
I don't know the answer to your question, but I have to praise you for taking steps to recover. It is a huge deal and very very difficult. So I must give you much praise for taking care of this problem and yourself. Keep going with it. I wish you the best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment