Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I have PCOS.The worst symptom for me is my hair loss.Is there anyone who can help me cope?Please.?

It's gotten so bad. The hair loss on my head is ridiculous. I have to wear headbanda everyday. I can't put them on anymore, though because they make me incredibly itchy and they hurt. Not a day goes by that I dont cry when I look in the mirror. I miss so many days of school because of this; I feel so self conscious. Being a fat 17 year old with depression and anxiety is bad enough, so why do I have to be balding too? Please, please, is there anyone who can give me some advice or just say something to make me feel a little better. I'm going crazy. Help!I have PCOS.The worst symptom for me is my hair loss.Is there anyone who can help me cope?Please.?
people with PCOS also experience hair loss!! people read some info. before you answer and if you dont know anything about the topic please dont answer you just end up confusing people!





Is there any type of mediaction you can try for the hair loss? I think I read somewhere that birth control pills can help.Also Some men find bald women attractive I think blad is beautiful myself.My mom owns a salon she sells wigs maybe buy a couple of wigs try some funky styles,have fun with it. Dont let it get you down things could always be worse,I hope you feel better soon,Believe you me I know exaclty what its like being a teenager and not fitting in hating yourself and just wanting to be someone else.But know iam grown 26 and am more comfortable in my own skin as will you be with a little age :)


And you'll look back and say ';why did i ever worry about what anyone else thought of me'; You only get to be a kid once live it up so you dont regret it.





And Iam sue when you get older like say 60 you;ll look back at your old photos and say damn I was hot then lol





You can always email me if u need someone to talk to


bitsycat1069@yahoo.com





Also I have a cousin your age maybe I can give you her email :) lmkI have PCOS.The worst symptom for me is my hair loss.Is there anyone who can help me cope?Please.?
check the thyroid..hypo can cause hair loss
Please see your doctor! Most PCOS patients have problems with hair growth, not loss, and doctors give them Spironolactone for facial/body hair. Find out from your doctor what is happening with your hormones that is causing you to lose hair. Are you taking anything for your PCOS, like Metformin or birth control pills? Or if you are taking something for depression, that might be the cause too.





Hang in there! I know it's not easy, I was diagnosed at 19. Good luck. I can't stress it enough: talk to an endocrinologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment