Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Is loss of hair a symptom of anemia?

OK, I've been having this issue for a little while. I think my hair is like, falling out. I don't pull it out or anything but if I'm in the shower and I wash my hair or even if I just run my hand through it I get a fistful of at least 10 strands. I have thin hair to begin with but this is just a little much for me. I know I'm anemic but is this a sign of anemia? Like, my hair doesn't have enough Iron so its not strong enough. Any help here?Is loss of hair a symptom of anemia?
Iron, thyroid, not getting enough protien, b12 or folic acid. all could be your problem.





Iron deficency test: Go to the mirror and pull your lower eyelid and see if the color is red or flesh color. If its flesh colored you are lacking enough iron and should take a herbal iron like Floradix. It will take a month to see a difference. Iron carrys oxygen in your blood and if you dont have it you will feel tired, cold hands and feet, headaches, RLS, dull brittle hair, brittle nails, poor sleep, pale skin (see thru), shortness of breath, fatigue, poor concentration, low mood, ringing in the ears, cracks in the corner of the mouth, dizziness, fainting, sore tongue and canker sores oh and pale mucous membranes in lower eyelid.Is loss of hair a symptom of anemia?
yes it could be although i wont say that is your problem....i am anemic and had the same problem...mine actually thinned so bad on top in the front that i really got worried about it but it gradually thickened back in over time after beginning treatments for anemia
I'm anemic, and I get more mental symptoms- mostly not being able to sleep and depression, but I've also experienced hair loss.
if u have dyed ur hair it can be cause of that





or the hair products u use can cause an allergic reaction





or u are going through a hormonal change.





i wouldnt worry about it

No comments:

Post a Comment