Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I want to know the symptom of thalassaemia? I am 52 years old. Lately I feel very tired and having hair-loss?

My Blood Test results:


Film: The red cells shows mild erythrocytosis, mild anisocytosis, moderate microcytosis, mild hypochromia, several target cells, several elliptocytes, several burr cells, several fragmented cells, an occasional tear drop cell and several schistocytes. The white cells and platelets appear normal.


The blood film is suggestive of thalassaemia trait and/or iron deificiency.


I have heavy menses for the last few 3 months lasted for a week. Recently I have my menses (April 15-17) and I lost quite a lot of blood on the 2nd day (April 16). April 17 I felt dizzy and my menses stopped in the morning and then at about 3:00 p.m. the blood started to flow a little.


Lately I felt very tired and wanted to sleep and having hair-loss. But I have very good appetite.


Please help. Thanks.I want to know the symptom of thalassaemia? I am 52 years old. Lately I feel very tired and having hair-loss?
What are the symptoms of thalassemia?





Mild thalassemia usually does not cause any symptoms. However, symptoms of anemia may develop in more severe forms of the condition and may include:





Weakness.


Fatigue.


Lightheadedness.


Skin that looks paler than normal.


Jaundice (skin and whites of eyes appear yellow).


Dark urine.


Decreased appetite and weight loss (poor growth in a child).


Rapid heartbeat.


Shortness of breath during exercise.I want to know the symptom of thalassaemia? I am 52 years old. Lately I feel very tired and having hair-loss?
I'm 62,I have no idea of what all the medical terms in your Question mean.All I know for sure is,At times my can do can't keep up with my want to.lol As long as I make sure I walk 10 to 15 miles per week,work in the yard some and eat right I continue to feel fine.To me I would only start worrying if I were to lose my appetite.


About the hair loss,My grandfather told me along time ago,You will know you are getting old,when hair doesn't grow where it is supposed to and grows like crazy everywhere it is not supposed to.Hope this helps.Keep your chin up and face into the wind.
I don't know that Pharmaceuticals would be the best answer in this case. I'm into alternative ways of curing ones self and I've known MANY people who've felt better after following this: Before noon, you are only to eat fruit, (Grapefruit, oranges, papaya, kiwi, melons) and it's better if you can buy organic fruit. For lunch, cut down on your dairy and meat intake, eat A LOT of esparagus and Kale, (not too steamed or you'll lose a lot of necessary nutrients) and a lot of salads with dressings, NOT bought from stores! For your fat intake, avacado, nuts beans... Don't get me wrong you can still enjoy other foods, just try to decrease the quantity of junk that enters your body. Eat VERY lightly, (veggies) before bed. The most fat should be consumed at lunch time, that way, it's not the 1st thing your body eats, however you can burn it off before bed time. Try this diet to make you feel better. Best of Luck!
Heavy menses would be a cause of thalassemia. The symptoms are fatigue, weakness, breathlessness, headaches, rapid weak pulse.





Have you had your thyroid tested? The symptoms you mention are classic for hypothyroidism as well.
There may be no obvious symptoms at all, or there may be mild symptoms such as fatigue that can be traced to the presence of mild anaemia. There may be slight but painless enlargement of the spleen.

No comments:

Post a Comment